Hillsboro community civic club
Since 1945, the Hillsboro Community Civic Club (HCCC) and its membership have contributed to the betterment of the community. Some of the programs the Civic Club supports are:
- 5 Scholarships to students throughout the community each year.
- We are the charter organization for the local Boy Scout Troop and provide them with different activities to raise funds for their troop and provide a facility for them to use for meetings.
- We are a charter organization for the Hillsboro High School Explorer Group.
- The 4 H Club of Jefferson County has a “recently remodeled” barn for their livestock showings.
- Annually Donate to the D.A.R.E Program in support of our county sheriff’s department. They support us also by providing security at fairground events. We have a great partnership with the county and local municipalities.
- The 60+ acres are donated annually to the Greater St. Louis Area Boy Scouts for their Spring jamboree.
- The Hillsboro Food Pantry distributes food and other critical goods to those in need across the area. The Civic Club provides a building for their use.
- Sponsor Girls and Boys State Program
- Annually Donate to the Back stoppers program to help in the support of families of fallen Police, firefighters, EMT’s and other public services throughout our county and state.
The Hillsboro Community Civic Club is comprised of members throughout Jefferson County who are all focused on providing quality family activities and giving back to the community. Funds for the above projects are derived from activities throughout the year and rental of the hall and/or outside area for business or personal use.